Friday, October 04, 2019

Day 3

Going smoothly, but the beginning has always gone smoothly. The longest I have gone without alcohol is 15 days. So this is easy. What I would like to get back to is how I was 5 years ago. I hardly drank at all! I remember having a 12 pack of beer in the basement fridge bought for the holidays, that sat there for months! 8 months! I am trying to remember what occupied me so much that I didn't feel the need to drink. That is what I want to get back to. I don't know how this morphed into me wanting to have what I call my "happy hours".  At least I was home and not driving. Around the summer of 2017 I stopped going OUT to bars. I was so fed up going out by myself and standing around like a jerk. Maybe drinking at home alone got really comfy! Maybe that is why I started to do it more often. 

It was never fun. I always feel so good when I have a productive weekend. I want more of that. That is my goal. So day 3 has been good. I am going to a big concert in the city tonite. I have no desire to drink. I will not because I will have other people in my car.