Friday, October 18, 2019

Day 17

Easy street. Of course not drinking has always been easy for me on week days. So 17 days  has been easy so far. It's the weekends and especially a boring Saturday that challenge me. But I am feeling great right now and do not foresee any problems. I bought myself a movie ticket for 4pm matinee Saturday. I'm gonna bring my own candy but I will treat myself to popcorn. 

So here is what has been happening since I made my decision to quit drinking. I saw this documentary last week and suddenly decided to move toward vegeterian.  I have always been heading that way but now I can make decisions for myself and STICK to them. I am saying "moving toward" instead of making declarations. 1. I love meat so I need to do this slowly. I do know how bad the meat we have available to us now is bad, as well as dairy. I'm getting there. 2. I do have some good meat in the freezer, I don't want to waste. Sad excuse I know.

Also, I have been listening to minimalist podcasts. I've already been practicing for a while but getting more tips. As a result of that I found frugal financial podcasts and Dave Ramsey podcasts and I just finished creating my debt spreadsheet. I'm going to pay down all my credit cards. And once those are paid off the $ I used for the cards I will put extra on my truck. Once my truck is paid off I want to retire. I don't have a lot of debt. I do have a bunch of credit cards but i'm not over extended or in high numbers. Highest balance (not counting Pottery Barn) is 1500$ 

I feel renewed. I am repairing many areas of my personal life. Wait maybe repair isn't the best word. Enhancing. I am enhancing an already good life that I have. I just had a revelation writing this. My life is awesome. It is happy, it's just when I drink on the weekends is when it gets dark and distorted. I can do this.