Tuesday, November 05, 2019

Minimizing and Budgeting

I've been on a roll! Doing so well. Life is good, thank you God.

My house looks better and better getting rid of stuff. When I think I can't minimize any more, I do and it looks awesome! My grocery budget is going into gear for the second time this Friday. I had wheedled it down to 3 stores for specific things. ALDI being the number 1. I must try to get everything I can there first. I'm sure I can weedle more. 
I have a confession..... I have not touched my closet. And it's not really a closet. It's a small room next to my room. The closet in my room is BARE NEKKID. Yes! it's empty! Cuz last spring I emptied it because of that oh you know, if you want a man in your life you need to make room for him. So i did that and ordered a second night stand. For years I had decided I no longer ever want a romantic relationship. I certainly did not want sex! I've been alone a very long time and I like it. Last spring I must have lost my mind for a little while. I'm back to my old lady thinking of no man- thank you! Oh, so my closet, I will tackle this weekend. Down to just what I love to wear. Season appropriate. 
I am keeping a good and bad list. Some examples of the list Good = 20$ gas for 2 weeks! Found the dog food cheaper per can, Netti pot instead of Claritin D. Bad= Drive thru lunch twice. tasted terrible.  But I'm learning from my mistakes. I still have a bunch of individual frozen home made soups. I hard boiled eggs for egg salad and I've added bacon for BLTs. I can use the iceberg lettuce for the egg salad, BLT and tuna sandwiches for lunch. Don't those sound better than crappy drive thru? 
I inundate myself listening to budget and minimizing podcasts, and books (free using Libby app and Kindle) I found a cooking show Struggle meals on my cord cutting Philo app! I am embracing this lifestyle and it's not painful! It feels so good. I feel good. I only do, eat, wear read etc what I love! I do have to say I am not as picky as most people so a lot of this is easy to do. 

So I saved the best for last. I always need my sweet in the evening. I have been doing my jello with cool whip. but.......my fav thing in the world is cut out cookies. Look what I just made for FREE. With stuff I already have. Which will taste better than anything store bought. Life is goooooooood...........