Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Magic Windows



Oh the magic-ness of a window! All my working (in an office) life I treasured a desk near a window! Now that I have been working from home I am always at a window. Such magical big sky and clouds and daily birds and nature windows! As long as I can see the sky. It doesn’t matter if it’s sunny or rainy. I cherish a rainy day. 
Today I anticipate a big snow storm. To sit and watch the snow fall and accumulate before my eyes while I work are the simple pleasures that I live for. All I need. After work, I can sit and read at my windows and watch the cars going by. Always going “somewhere”. Always a place to be. I always wonder where they are going. What is “home” like for them? Does their heart race because a familiar car is in the driveway? Or does their heart sink? I have felt both those emotions. Now, I am at an even keel. I am lucky to have window sit spots in many areas of my home. My most favorite of all, coffee at the kitchen window on the weekend mornings. I sometimes get up before the sunrise so I can watch it rise up behind the trees. 
I used to spend so much money on vacations and cabin rentals and I would waste it all by coming home early because of anxiety and panic attacks. I have learned my lesson! When the travel bug urge happens, and oh it does! I have numerous reminders every where and on auto email to tell me NO. I have learned that everything I need is right here. In my home, in my yard. On my porch. In my sunroom. I do not have to drive hours to achieve solitude and serenity. 
I am very lucky to have this wonderful old and cozy home with all its nooks and crannies of safe and comfort. My newish minimalist attitude and lifestyle brings me peace and security and molds right into what is best for me to live a good and satisfied life. My only decision is which sit spot window do I choose?