Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Another 30 Days!



I am starting another 30 day challenge since I do well on them, and I kind of like them and it keeps me on track. 
So this challenge is 30 Days of No Spending, Frugal minimalism!  It will start tomorrow, the beginning of my 5 day weekend, and will end on the end of my December 5 day weekend. Oh, how I love my long weekends. I like to tack on PTO days to work holidays to extend the fabness.  
I have already been on a budget and started being frugal and minimalistic for a while now. But my spending creeped in again. Darn Amazon Prime and Wally. 
So the rules are NO SPENDING except for what is on my budget grocery list. Over a month ago I pared down to a budgeted grocery list. Only things I need for 2 weeks. The menu is planned out. Things I love. Like Taco Tuesday! I found I was throwing out much too much food. Because I didn’t have a plan. Bought things at random and it sat there. Like I would grab avacados, but no plan on what I was going to do with them. Sooooo, well you know. Now I have an exact menu. I do allow myself the Tops fish fry on Fridays. I pared down to a budget so I can save money and put anything extra toward my debt. My debt is not crazy high, but my goal is to retire as early as possible. My largest payment is my truck. Yes, it's higher than my mortgage. 
So nothing except what is on my grocery list. Yes I love sweets. I have enough flour and sugar and stuff around here to MAKE my own sweets, which I have. Sugar cookies and chocolate biscotti. So even tho they are not the healthiest. I do know where the ingredients are from. 
No extra buying like stuff from Wally and Amazon Prime. No books. I have enough books bought in the past 2 years physical and Kindle that can last me EONS.  I will do in depth blogs during this 30 day period on my books etc. I am allowed to replace anything that breaks or runs out.( i.e. Coffee maker.. face cream) Definitely NO CLOTHES or shoes. I have quite enough. 
I am also blogging this to keep me honest. When I get bored, that’s when I get in trouble. I may not leave the house that doesn’t hinder me one bit. So I am starting tomorrow so I can do one last shop, I need salad fixings for Thanksgiving at my nieces house. I need to wash the truck. And I have one big box coming from Amazon today, stuff that will make my life easier. Yes an Echo show and lights I can talk to. That was my last big purchase. 
I was doing so well on my Dave Ramsey Snow ball budget. I paid off 8 credits. (5 cards and 1 vacation loan and 2 appliances). I have 4 left to go, around 1000$ each except for that Pottery Barn one. Oh but it was well worth it. I know I know. And then I snowball all the payment amounts toward my Truck. And when that is done I will snowball all into my mortgage. The sooner I do the truck the sooner I could retire. But I am trying to eek it out as long as I can to get the most SSI$. 
I am excited about my next 30 days! That’s why I do these challenges. We shall see, maybe I will turn it into a 365 days no spending. My heart would LOVE to do a 30 day yoga challenge. Maybe that will be next.