Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Wildlife Weekend




Oh you know how I love the animals so! I thought this would be a wonderful weekend outing, staying over night at Busch Gardens! Taking photo's of the animals on safari and at night. 
It was quite special. The people were interesting. I learned that I do NOT want to become an overweight bitchy old woman. It's just pictures people, so someone gets in your way. GEZ. 

But that wasn't the the real reason for the slight disappointment. All in all it was a fun experience and I am glad I went. I did get a "Fun Pass" so I can go back as much as I want until Dec 2013. It was really awesome to see the majestic and beautiful animals. To feed and touch the giraffes. Yes, I wanted to take the baby home with me. He followed our truck with that "hey, don't leave me!" look. 

The more I wandered around the vast Gardens, I noticed that the animals were all about feeding time. It was their only existence,  to wait for food. To eat food. Everything was based on feeding time. It just seemed really sad. To see the otters actually begging for their little morsels of fish. 
The animals paced. Even tho their surroundings were large and natural to a point. They all paced. Waiting for lunch. The anteater wore a path around the perimiter of its large cage. As if it has OCD, it walks the walls non-stop. It was sad to see. I felt like I was viewing a room in a mental institution and the anteater was walking walking walking. Even a small stream did not stop him, it was part of his "path"

This is the look of a beautiful majestic tiger, watching for the keepers to throw some meat. Waiting, watching. 


We started Sunday around 2pm, took photos, and we had a sunset and a sunrise safari on the truck. We also took a  night time hike through the park when it was closed which  was pretty awesome! The next day, after I left the group for good,  it took me from 10 am to 4pm to walk around the park and see the whole thing! It really is a great park. I just am not sure how I feel about the animals being there. Yes they are safe and will live a good life. But is this life? I wonder, my dogs are domesticated. But they were bred to be taken care of. They would not do well in the wild. Am I wrong too? I have a never ending large love for all animals. I relate to them much more than I would real people. On this  adventure, I was not real fond of most of the people on safari with me. Some of the women were really very nice. We chatted, small talk. A few of the men were nice too. But all in all, it just reinforced my experience that men are totally selfish and ignorant. If we were in cars I am pretty sure I would have been cut off many times. And women tend to get bitchy in their old age. I caught myself wanting to be a turtle and pull in my head and arms and close them and all society out. To be alone with just myself and my dogs. 


Wow! What a revelation I just got. Maybe I was a turtle in my old life. Because I do carry my home around with me and move around a lot. I do like to hide in my shell more than make the effort to be with people. Its such a CHORE!  And well, yep, the hard shell. It is almost impossible to break through to my hard shell. If I don't want you to reach me, believe me, you won't. 
I did get some really great photos tho. I love my new camera. Maybe in time I can learn to crack a little and socialize a little more. 

Because I am looking for a mate. I will make room for a mate and I will change some of my solitary ways for the right person.