Friday, December 30, 2005

Adventure # 11

Well it is day # 8 of my vacation, I spent the first half power-shopping. (Flatirons, CastleRock, Park Meadow, Aspen Grove) so today, a very nice sunny day, I am craving that soft texture of raw tuna. So Im in the car, off to Sushi Den, the best place for sushi in Denver. I figure I can go there alone for lunch and sit at the sushi bar, which I do. This is a really hip cool place on S. Pearl, very Elmwood-y if you know what I mean. I am feeling very contemporary today. I order a hot saki and sushi, and I have this new thing now where I try to order something I have never had before. I think I'll try the "New Style Sashimi". I sit and sip my saki and watch the very envogue people around me. I eaves drop on conversations. I am feeling very "sex in the city" and the saki goes right to my head and is starting to make me giddy! Here comes my "New Style Sashimi" --oh, I guess I should have looked at the ingredients, there are little octopus tentacles on the plate, and they are raw, and there are alot of them! Well, being all miss contemporary I take a few swigs of saki and finish my tentacles. Lucille Ball style of course. The tentacles are small so now I am wondering if I am eating baby octopi which now disturbs me. Hey, I only got thru 20 minutes of March of the Penguins because I could not bear watching them suffer one more minute! Back to my lunch. I also ordered a spider roll, one of my favorites which I havent had since Saki's closed in Buffalo in 1999. No its not raw spiders. It is soft shell crab; and it is marvelous. Well, you know this is Denver and with the altitude Im a little tipsy from the saki so I walk up and down S. Pearl to cool off and look in all the cute little shops. Got a couple fab necklaces at the Zodiac store and then I find the bookstore I have been driving past and wanted to visit. It is just like the book stores you read about in books. Its absolutely quiet, the woman there is very nice and we chat a bit. I mentioned the 1000 Islands and she shows me this book where the story takes place in the 1000 Islands, I remember reading the review on it, and it is signed by the author, so I buy it and a different book, and they wrap each book in green paper just like the book stores in the books do. On the way home, the Rockies always at my side, I buy a pumpkin spice coffee for the ride. Its still sunny and warm. What a great day I say. ok, maybe I will cuddle with Jasper and try, try I say, to watch the rest of March of the Penquins--no guarantee tho.........