Thursday, July 28, 2005

my iPod has turned me into an iNtrovert

God I love my iPod! Let me tell you, I have been working up to this! From the days when I would record Dr. Laura on cassette tapes from the radio so I could listen while at work, then I discovered Internet Radio! I set up some kind of line in to the mic and still recorded from the PC to a cassette tape and listened once again on my walkman to any type of Talk Radio. Then eventually, I could listen to streaming audio while at work! I bought my own speakers! Of course a few years of that and that was eventually curtailed. I then discovered thumb drives and I could download my Coast to Coast Mp3s onto my thumbdrive and bring em to work and listen!!!!! I tried to use my Sony Discman Mp3 player, those mini disks were a bite. I owned about 6 of those players. And then,,,,there it was,,,,, all white and glowy.......My iPod Shuffle. This thing has been strapped to my neck since I bought it. I use it for the travel to and from work, when I walk the dog, I have my workout music on there for the gym. And ooooooooohhhhhh yessssssss my Podcasts. I think I have died and gone to heaven. Talk Radio all the time. Tech talk, all kinds of tech talk, music, politics. People at work have been looking at me like I have been shunning them. They ask, "Is everything O.K?". They think somethings wrong since I have stopped talking. At All! They see the iPod, but they don't hear my new world. They don't hear the fun banter, the interesting subjects to my heart! The magnetic personalities of my people of my podcasts. It seems so intimate. I listen to them daily, weekly, and I feel like I KNOW these people! Heck, some do tell us "too much information." How can I tell my co workers that they could never compete for my attention any more? I'm never giving it up and when that fateful day comes I want you to bury me with my iPod and please download the full gig of interesting podcasts and favorite music, place the earbuds just so, and put it on shuffle...............