Monday, July 11, 2005

Bears, Bears, Bears

I wanted to be one with nature and see the sunrise and sunset over a lake, smelling the campfire……… off to the Adirondacks I go.......

When we got to Saranac Lake we got a great site on the water! Of course so did everyone else, I noticed that I drove 7 hours so I can sleep outside in a tent right next to strangers less than 2 feet away. The tent sites were really squeezed together and I could join in the conversation with the people on either side of me easily if I wanted to and not even raise my voice.

But when we got to the State Park, the people at the booth warned me there were BEARS, and also handed me a pamphlet on how to keep them away, the whole time I put up the tent and cooked dinner I made sure I didn’t do anything that would attract bears. I put all my food in the car. I threw Jaspers old food in the lake. I took a shower before bed so my sweat would not attract any bears. I went to sleep clutching Jaspers leash so he could not sneak out of the tent. I dreamt about BEARS coming in my tent, then I woke up around 1 A.M and I swear I could hear BEARS right next to the tent, oh my god I can hear BEARS on both sides of the tent, my heart was pounding and I was scared out of my mind. I woke up little more and realized it was just the people 2 feet away on EACH side of me SNORING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I left home for this? I went back to sleep and dreamt of mountain lions trying to get into my tent. 2:30 AM I wake up because now it is POURING rain outside, well at least the bears won’t come out in the rain. It rained hard, and for 45 minutes straight. I didn’t care how much $ I spent; I couldn’t even wait for day light. At 5 AM I started packing up, and need I add my neighbors both still snored away the whole time, I was back on the road home, but I was one with nature because at least I saw the sunrise in my rear view mirror………..

There’s no place like home

Click, click, click

There’s no place like home.

Anybody want to buy a tent? I just put it on eBay.