Saturday, January 13, 2007

I am home

I am home

I am sitting here in my favorite corner of the couch, looking out at the snow covered little town I live in. My coffee and three current books I am reading piled next to me and my wonderful dogs, my very own “secret service” that accompany me any where I go through out the house, making sure each room is safe to enter. Not long ago in Denver I reminisced about this very feeling that I missed. I yearned, no I ached to be back home. To feel at home. Now here I am on the brink of a three day weekend, in my corner with a list of absolutely nothings to do. I had lunch last week with co-workers I had not seen in a few years since they too have moved on in their lives. I had a birthday lunch with current co-workers I love dearly. I have my ever constant daily talks with my cousin Ursula who is more like a sister to me. I have a man in my life that I just could never live without, he doesn’t even know it but this relationship teaches me patience and that I should ALWAYS believe and trust, no matter what. And I have just recently started exchanging wonderful emails with a very old friend Laurie that is so much like me, we have so much in common and it is greatly heart warming to hear from her every day. I am home. I am back to my simple wonderful life and I thank you God for it all. I thank you for showing me, the hard way (because that’s the only way I learn I guess) what is really important to me. Thank you so much for letting me come home.