1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Egg nog at Christmas time although the container tends to sit in the fridge. Hot chocolate with marshmallows or peeps or whipped cream during the year, the colder part of the year.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
Wrapped of course, but now its so easy to use gift “bags”
3. Colored Light on Tree/House or White?
I have colored lights on the house, colored icicle lights. And I have colored lights on the tree. I also have strings of all red lights on the house and tree.
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
If I found some I would hang it. But really don’t need it. Because I have the BEST sex ever and kisses to die for all the time.
5. When do you put your decorations up?
Not right after Thanksgiving but at least the first week of Dec.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Mashed potato’s mixed with stuffing and cranberry sauce/gel.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child?
Going to grandma’s house on 213 Riverside Dr. She lived on the only street in Buffalo that still had the brick road. All my cousins, aunts and uncles were there. It was crowded and fun. One year my mom made me a dress out of this silver tinsel type material. I looked like grandma’s silver Christmas tree.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
It just morphed that way. I had always and still am a child of “just the facts” I figure stuff out.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Gifts just don’t make it to Christmas morning.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
Every year I make the real popcorn strings. (except this year) Lights and bulbs and always real candy canes.
11. Snow. Love it or dread it?
Its like spring out right now and I could care less if it snows for Christmas.
12. Can you ice skate?
Yes, and sorta backwards too.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
One year I asked my dad for ski’s. I was 9 or 10. He got me the whole she-bang, skis, boots, poles, jacket, pants gloves etc. Unfortunately, he only took me skiing once. My mom didn’t drive. She never took me. She did take us to Kissing Bridge, but I was not allowed to bring my skis then. She did stuff like that. She took me and my brother to Disneyland in California but we were not allowed to go on the rides. Oh and one year I did get a fantastic Engagement ring.
14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas to you?
It is Jesus’ birthday. But it has become nothing more than a nice weekend off from work.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert?
Cut out cookies with icing and pumpkin pie.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Watching Sound of Music. Picking a person from the tree at work and getting gifts for the underpriveleged people. Sometimes these holidays do nothing but magnify how insignificant and how much lacking your life really is. It is probly even more horible for homeless and poor people.
17. What tops your tree?
A gold Angel I got in Denver.
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving?
19. What is your favorite Christmas song?
All I want for Christmas is you.
20. Candy Canes. Yuck or Yum?
I usually just put them on the tree, don’t really eat them. But looking at them now I am thinking they would be good stirring a hot chocolate!