Thursday, November 10, 2005

Prairie Dogs!!!!!

Right under my nose! I have been driving and walking by fields and didn't even notice until today when we were driving to our boss' birthday lunch and Lisa mentioned the prairie dogs. What prairie dogs??? And then I looked at the fields next to us and the rocks and stones started to move! When I focused even more there they were standing on their hind legs staring back at us. They were adorable! And they are everywhere! The big empty field across the street from me that Jasper and I walk by every day (for 4 weeks now)........I focused this time and there they were! Standing on their hind legs like statues watching us go by. Another thing I had to get used to were the signs by the paths where we walk, "What to do if you or your pet encounter a Coyote." One thing I will NEVER get used to or take advanatage of is those beautiful Mountains.
Every day they take my breathe away. They are there beside me to and from work. From my window, my balcony, they are the backdrop in our daily meetings at work. During the sun rise or the sun set, or a storm last week, the view is ever changing, but always beautiful. They are my compass. As long as I am always moving forward. And thats how I feel here in Denver, ever moving forward. There are days my heart bursts with happiness and I don't even know why. I just know I did the right thing and I feel good things in the future. There are people I have left behind that will forever tug at my heart, friends and family that will never be replaced. It is true, the sky is bigger here, and I think my heart grew bigger too. To hold NY and Denver.
Hey, I may have been blind for 4 weeks and not seen the prairie dogs but guess who else had no idea they are there and I'm NOT telling him...................shhhhhhhhhhhh it would be one more thing to bark about. (Pictures coming soon!)